Monday, September 17, 2012

Benefit Cosmetics How To Look The Best At Everything in Light.




Foundation , foundation blended , concealor 2 , concealor 1 and face powder .

Foundation , Foundation blended , Concealer 2 , Concealer 1 and face powder .

The set contains :
- 0.25 oz The POREfessional
- 0.23 oz Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow SPF 25 PA+++ in "Cheers To Me" Champagne (light kit)
- 2 x 0.05 oz BOI-ING in 01 and 02 (light kit)
- 0.14 oz "Hello Flawless!" in "Me, Vain?" Champagne (light kit)

I should preface this review with a little information on my skin type and foundation needs .
My skin is normal for the most part of the year but quite dry in the winter months . Its also quite sensitive but not acne prone  and my skin usually remains quite even in tone . I am quite fair but very neutral in undertones with a little redness on my cheeks .I prefer light to medium coverage  and definitely a radiant finish . 

On to the review :)

The Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow SPF 25 PA+++ is quite liquidy and runny when you first pump it out . The color I got is quite yellow and as you can see from the pic it is also a tad dark for me (p.s. my arms are almost 3 shade darker than my face ). That being said it has decent lasting power and looked very natural on the skin . The finish is satiny and it did not accentuate my dry patches at all . Coverage wise I would consider this medium to buildable and it covered my redness in one thin layer . What I found most impressive was the lasting power and how beautifully it melted into my skin as the day went on . I didn't have to touch up once and my skin looked very natural and polished . 

The BOI- ING concealers are quite waxy and dry to the touch but they can be easily warmed up . I personally love them for spot concealing because they would too dry for my under eyes . I prefer a more hydrating and dewy under eye concealer . Coverage is definitely medium to buildable and it last 6 - 8 hours on my skin . 

The POREfessional primer is marked to diminish the look of pores and help prep your skin for foundation application . I personally have large pores on my nose like most people and I definitely saw a huge difference in their size . I personally did not notice any increase in longevity of my foundation but it definitely helps to diminish the look of pores . 

Lastly the Hello Flawless powder foundation is a finely milled powder with medium coverage . Its quite cream to the touch and easy to blend on the skin . I found the application to be quite even and not too matte . I usually dont like powder foundation but I can see myself using this in the summer to set my under eye concealor and t zone . 

Overall , I would probably only  purchase the Hello Flawless oxygen foundation . That being said the other products are quite good in their own way but not something I would personally wear on a day to day basis . The set however  is an incredible deal and awesome way to try different face products for only $ 30 dollars ! The products all come in deluxe sample size and could easily last 3- 4 months even with daily usage .




Price ? $ 30 .
Where did I purchase it ?
sephora.com
*all items were purchased by me for my own personal use . 




No comments:

Post a Comment