Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Maybelline Limited Edition Fall 2012 Fashion Week ColorSensational Lipsticks in Refined Russet , Tenacious Taupe and In Style Sienna .

Apart from the color tattoos Maybelline launched 6 new LE lipstick shades for fall as well . I picked up 3 out of the lot ( signs of restraint ? lol ).

Refined Russet , Tenacious Taupe and In Style Sienna . 

Refined Russet , Tenacious Taupe and In Style Sienna . 

Refined Russet , Tenacious Taupe and In Style Sienna . 


Maybelline Tenacious Taupe Lipstick LE.

Tenacious taupe is a slightly brown based beige nude with a creme finish. Its opaque in one swipe and doesn't look patchy or settles in fine lines .Usually I like more pink or peach based nudes because they don't wash me out . In my opinion its the slight hints of brown that make this quite a flattering nude on my pale skin and I can see this being a perfect nude on medium to tan skin as well . Its not too very pale so it leaves you still looking alive but with an understated lip .



Maybelline Refined Russet Lipstick LE .

Refined russet is the color I have been searching for ! Its a lovely rusty peach brown that's right on trend this fall . It also is a creme finish , opaque in one swipe and doesn't settle into fine lines . Its refreshing to see drugstore brands doing unconventional colors and following fashion trends as well . Refined Russet makes me look so fresh and polished . I have been wearing this too work with Laura Mercier Spiced Cider blush and just a simple cat eye . 


Maybelline In Style Sienna Lipstick LE. 
Lastly In Style Sienna is definitely out of my comfort zone and not something I would ever gravitate towards . That being said its an absolutely stunning statement lip on pale skin . Its a burgundy brown with rust undertones and tiny green iridescence running through it . It is opaque like the others and looks so glossy and elegant on the lips. I am a huge fan of vampy lip colors but I have been always hesitant to try brown lipstick . In Style Sienna is the perfect lipstick to wear to a conservative work environment or just on a chilly autumn day .

Overall , I am very impressed with the quality and color selection . Maybelline has been consistently impressive with their releases and I hope the holiday collections are just as spectacular . 


                                                               Must Have ? Refined Russet .
                                                               Price ? $6 - 9 .
                                                               Limited Edition ? Yes. 
                                                        Where did I purchase mine ? Walgreens .


* all items mentioned were purchased by me for my own personal use .


2 comments:

  1. oh my god..i just love the color...specially
    Maybelline Refined Russet Lipstick LE .
    Maybelline In Style Sienna Lipstick LE.
    hi ! my self rubi and i found your blog via indianbeautyforever.com
    and really like your blog...have a look at my blog as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah refined russet is a must have !
      I follow your blog too hun
      xoxox

      Delete