Sunday, November 4, 2012

Chanel Ombre Contraste Sculpting Veil for Eyes and Cheeks in Notorious .




light swatch and heavy swatch .

blended out swatch .

Chanel Notorious is one of the most unique contour colors released by a brand . The sculpting veil is a lilac grey with taupe undertones and is presented in the Joues Contraste blush compact . When I first saw promo images for the blush I was not too keen on trying it as a contour and  my Kevyn Aucoin sculpting powder has been my go to for years . The KA powder is a brown color with grey undertones and it doesn't turn orange on the skin . Notorious on the other hand is a very cool toned grey and beautifully creates the look of shadows on the skin . What makes this different apart from the color is how finely milled the powder is , It quite literally provides a veil of shadow when place under cheek bones . The end result is well .... Benedict Cumberbatch cheekbones . 

swoon !!
Image source :http://www.benedictcumberbatch.co.uk/Sherlock/_Media/sherlock_14-2.jpg
I think its imperative to use a fluffy brush when using this and to only place it in the hollows of the cheek , sides of the nose and eye sockets . This is not the type of product you want to dust liberally all over the face. It needs to be placed on the skin and then gently buffed out .On my pale skin it creates the look of a soft contour but my face looks noticeably chiseled . I did try Notorious on my friend who has  NC 42 skin but sadly it exaggerated the ashiness in her skin and made her look quite sickly . So , If your skin tends to have a ashy or slightly grey undertone then  this will not work for you . 

Overall, I have to admit this does live up to the hype and definitely a HG contour powder for me . The only down sides I can see is that it probably wont work for darker skins and its LIMITED EDITION !! :(

Would I recommend this ?Yes 
Limited Editions ? YES . 
Price ? $43.00

*all items mentioned were purchases by me for my own personal use .

2 comments:

  1. this is such a stunning color! Unfortunately didn't work on me... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry to hear that :(
      but I can see how it will work for some and not all
      What is your favorite contour powder ?
      try the kevin aucoin one if you are in the market for one :)

      Delete