Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour In Spiced Cider.



This is officially my first blush purchase from Laura Mercier . Usually, I gravitate towards pink and peach blushes so this rusty brown is completely out of my comfort zone . I blame the Maybelline lipstick in refined russet for this purchase ( Swatch here :)).

Its the perfect match to the lipstick and it makes a gorgeous fall blush ! On my skin it looks like a peachy rust shade and adds just the right amount of warmth to my face . Spiced cider is finely milled and very pigmented . I found it easy to blend and it does not look patchy or powdery on the skin . It is important to mention here that  I do not pair this with a bronzer or a contour . Mainly because when placed correctly on the cheek bones it helps to create a very subtle contoured effect . I think adding a contour to the mix would just be over kill  .

The blush is the exact same size as the eye shadows and can be popped in to her custom palette as well . I think Laura Mercier makes very high quality items at an affordable price point . I definitely recommend checking this blush out if you like soft rust shades of blush. 

What is your favorite LM blush ? I think I need/want nectar next :).

Limited edition ? No.
Price ? $24.00
Where did I purchase it ? Sephora.com

*all items mentioned were purchased by me ,.
xoxo
A.

5 comments:

  1. I have Rose Bloom, and it's one of my all time fave blushes. The color payoff is so awesome... Spiced Cider looks gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lucy :)
      isnt it ? I absolutely feel in love with it when I saw it at my counter . LM blushes are so underrated . Ill check out rose bloom the next time I stop at sephora .
      xoxox
      Have a nice day :)

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love your website.. Pleasant colors & theme.
    Did you develop this website yourself? Please reply back as I'm hoping to create my own blog and would like to find out where you got this from or exactly what the theme is called. Thanks!

    Here is my weblog: Www.iparfum.nl
    Look at my web-site ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried her blushers, but love the shade you've bought.
    Would love you to check out my latest post :)
    Happy Wednesday Hun xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love your blog and following you now :)
      feel free to follow mine as well
      thank you ! :)

      Delete