Friday, December 21, 2012

By Terry Rouge Terribly Age Defense Lipstick In 201 Terrific Rouge.




I feel I don't need to write an introduction to this beauty . So lets cut to the chase , if you are a red lip connoisseur you need this ! The color sells it self and the formula is quite possibly the best on the market . By Terry is usually marketed to an older and more niche clientele  . However , I feel any woman of any age can wear items from her brand and feel like a million dollars . 

The Rouge Terribly Lipstick line for instance is highly pigmented and extraordinarily long wearing . I was able to wear 201 Terrific Rouge for 7 hours without any  signs of fading ! My lips never felt dry and neither did the lipstick slip into any fine lines around my mouth . Initially 201 has a slight glossy appearance but after an hour it becomes more of a satin . I love matte red lips but usually my lips end up looking wrinkly after a few hours . 201 never dries to a drying matte look , it feels comfortable and looks like a true satin on the lips .





I hope my pictures show how the lipstick pretty much coated my lips with this lush red color . I find 201 Terrific Rouge to be a neutral red leaning slightly pink . There are no obvious warm or cool undertones  which makes it universally flattering . When it comes to red lips most people focus on the color and undertones . In my opinion ,what makes a red lip is actually the formula of the lipstick ! There is nothing worse than wearing a bold color that fades, cracks or peels off during the day . So the key is finding a  saturated color with a long wearing and comfortable formula . 

For me this lipstick is the ultimate pick me up .
I feel so glamorous and pretty ? I know it sounds silly but 201 Terribly Rouge just makes me feel bold with out being over the top , sexy without looking like I am trying too hard and most importantly, classy !

Overall, I say wear this baby to a holiday party and be the centre of attention :) This is my Holy grail red !

Price ? $49.00
Limited Edition ? No. 
Where did I purchase ? Beauty.com 

* all items mentioned were purchased by me . 

xoxo 
A.


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I'm mega into By Terry and I've been considering picking up a few more things from the line ... I think this lipstick just got bumped to the top of the list!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you like it Jessica. I dont think I have ever loved a lipstick line more .I truly feel the formula and the color range is absolutely stunning ! I picked up 5 lipsticks in one trip lol

      Thank you for commenting ! I cant wait to see this on you :)
      xooxx

      Delete
  2. This lipstick looks absolutely gorgeous! The formulation and lasting power seems amazing I have to try it out! You have a lovely blog, now following xo

    http://discountbeauty101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comment !
      Lmk if you do end up trying it out xoxo

      A.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow what a beautiful red!! I am obsessed with red lipsticks, a girl can never have enough. But this one is truly gorgeous!!
    I'm your new follower btw. Merry Christmas! :)

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Sal ! WELCOME !
      Merry Christmas to you too :)
      I love red lips as well and I think this one is truly worth the splurge . What is your favorite red ?

      Delete
  4. WoW girl. Look at those lips! Love the red and the formula looks and sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.s. its "thenatalieanna" from Instagram XoX

      Delete
    2. hi Natalie :)
      I will put up a pick of the nude shade on Saturday :) Hopefully , that will help in buying the lipsticks online
      xoxox
      Thank you :)

      Delete