Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Eyeshadow Quad in 06 Boudior .

Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Eyeshadow Quad in 06 Boudoir .
In natural light .
Needless to say I am having a bit of a love affair with Giorgio Armani cosmetics at the moment .So obviously  I was quite excited to go check out the new quads and also because I was not the biggest fan of their predecessors .

In Sunlight.
In natural light.
I ended up purchasing 06 Boudoir the moment I swatched it . Before I go into why I was drawn to Boudoir lets look at the palette itself : 

From top to bottom,
Shade 1 ; is a glistening light ivory with peach undertones. 
Shade 2 : is a champagne with a tiny bit of grey.
Shade 3 : is a lovely warm russet brown with a matte finish . 
Shade 4 : is a dark eggplant purple with a matte finish . 

At first glance the palette looks easily dupable but its the formula that completely won me over . I am also quite lazy so the idea of having a complete look in a palette is quite appealing to me . The top two colors have the most beautiful glisten  ! Its not the typical shimmery or frosty finish , the shadows just glisten . They almost melted into my skin instead of sitting on top .  

I was also quite impressed with the texture and pigmentation of the two matte shades . The rusty warm brown works beautifully with the cool eggplant purple . All four shades together make the perfect fall eye look and  would be the  perfect compliment to a vamp lip . Typically, light eye makeup is preferred with a dark lip but I feel there is nothing sexier than a vampy lip accompanied with a rusty plum eye .


               


New Vs Old Packaging .
Packaging wise , I feel the new packaging is definitely sleeker and more stylish . My old quads look so worn out :( . I do find the applicator compartment unnecessary but I guess it could be useful in a pinch. 

Overall , I definitely think these are worth a look . P.s. I have my eyes on a few more hehe
What is your fall eyeshadow palette ? 

* all items mentioned were purchased by me . 

xoxo
 A.

2 comments:

  1. love the colors as well as the name... i think i might have to pay a visit to my GA counter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi lucy :)
      its a lovely everyday palette for me . Have a look at 02 as well !
      xoxo

      Delete