Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro in 201 Dark Velvet





Its safe to say that I am loving red lips at the moment . Usually, I am drawn to the boldest and brightest shades in a line but I wanted to try something different so I opted for number 201 . 

The Lip Maestro's are not the usual run of the mill matte liquid lipsticks . They are incredibly saturated and rich in pigmentation but what truly sets them apart is how the feel on the lips . In my experience most matte lip products feel caked on and dry on the lips . The Lip Maestros feel like a whipped mousse on the lips and easily last 6-7 hours . My lips never felt dry or chapped and out of the all the matte lip products I have tried , these are by far the most comfortable to wear . 

201 in particular is a dark and deep red . The name Red Velvet is befitting for this very heavily burgundy based red . It almost looks like dried blood on the lips ( Gross I know , but there is no better way to describe its complexity). Most of the red lipsticks I own have very apparent undertones or are quite bright  .  I found 201 to be quite eye catching without being the usual pin up inspired red .

Overall , I would highly recommend the Lip Maestros and especially 201 if you a fancy a slightly unconventional approach to a red lip .

*all items mentioned were purchased by me .
 price ? $ 32.00
Where did I purchase ? Nordstorm.
Limited Edition ? No.
xoxo
A.

6 comments:

  1. that color looks perfect on your lips... wow... what a great combination :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lucy :)
      I was quite pleasantly surprised by the color as well .
      Thank you for your comment hun !
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. My dear,
    I found your blog by chance, while peeking others and I decided to check it out! I’m glad I did it, because I am really delighted with yours. It's beautiful, well structured, interesting… and it has completely got me hooked. I think we're going to get along just fine! ;) I'd like to invite you to meet my space as well and I hope you'll have as much fun as I am having in yours!
    I wish you lots of success
    kisses
    http://cottoncandy-peaches@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aida :)
      Thank you so much for the compliments and the comment !
      I will definitely check you blog out as well.
      LMK if you have any questions or requests :)
      xoxox

      Delete