Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Giorgio Armani 'Maestro' Fusion Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in Shade 2.



This the first Giorgio Armani foundation 

Swatch on left and blended out on right.


I usually avoid giving my opinions on foundation because I have extremely high expectations and I don't like having more then 2 foundations in rotation . With that being said , I have been suffering from extremely dry skin this winter so I wanted something light and hydrating . 

The following are a few of the aspects I consider when I buy a foundation : 
  • Light to medium coverage. 
  • Longevity .
  • How it applies on the skin ( I like the foundation to be easy to spread and cake face is a no no -_-).
  • Does it settle into pores or lines ?
  • Does it allow an even application of blush or bronzer ?
  • Does it oxidize ?
  • Does it transfer ?
  • Ingredients . 
  • How does it feel once it is applied ,when it sets and throughout the day ?
  • Packaging ( I admit it .... I like shiny things ! )
  • Price point .
Keeping all that in mind it must be pretty obvious why I was drawn immediately to the Giorgio Armani 'Maestro' Fusion Foundation . The company claims that this is oil pigment suspension made without a powder or water base . It is marketed  as a complexion perfector that acts as skincare and base for your makeup .Armani also claims that the foundation covers the skin with thin layers of pigment and it does not clog pores . It is important to note here that they also advice you to shake the bottle before application . 

So did it live up to the claims ? For the most part , yes ! It is a very thin formula that spread effortless on the skin and looks incredibly natural . It has light coverage but you can easy layer it to cover problem areas, has a  beautiful satin finish and is virtually undetectable on the skin .

The idea of rubbing a oil based product on the skin as a base definitely irked me . However , Armani Maestro does not feel oily or greasy and it almost feels like a dry oil on the skin . I feel that it  provided sufficient coverage for me , did not clog my pores , no signs of oxidation , color match was perfect and it felt weightless on the skin . I didn't have any transfer issues either and it allowed me to apply my blush and bronzer evenly . I love the packaging ! I mean who doesn't love the dropper in a sturdy glass bottle ? 

My only gripe with this foundation is that I felt like it didn't provide moisture to my skin . I assumed using a oil based foundation would equal moisture . Nope , my skin still felt slightly dry and dehydrated . It definitely didn't dry my skin out but it didn't help either . I think I might enjoy it more in the summer when my skin is more normal to oily . 

Overall , I can easily see women with mature skin absolutely loving this . I think it is definitely a revolutionary formula and very unusual texture but there is definitely some room for improvement . I will definitely be wearing this all summer long but for now I am still on the hunt for a moisturizing foundation . 

Price ? $ 62.00 for 1 oz.
Where did I purchase it ? Nordstorm.com

* all items mentioned were purchased by me for my own personal use . 

What is your favorite winter foundation ?

xoxo 
A.




2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to give Armani Maestro a try, but I've read so many mixed reviews--I don't know what to think anymore! I guess the best thing to do is just give it a test run myself! Thanks for your review!

    Julie
    JulesDarling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jules :)
      Ya I feel like I will love it when my skin is more normal in the summer . I would definitely recommend getting a sample or ordering online from a company that has a lenient return policy :)

      What kind of foundation are you looking for ?
      Thank you for your comment .

      Delete