Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Giorgio Armani Rouge d'Armani Plum 609.


Isn't she beautiful ? I pretty much gasped when I spotted this beauty on Getting Cheeky's Blog (Check out her review here) and like any normal person I added it to my ever growing list of "LIPSTICKS I MUST OWN OR MY LIFE WILL BE INCOMPLETE ".  

In the tube Plum 609 is a plum red with brown undertones and swatched it is a semi opaque wash of glossy color . I found it quite unique in the endless sea of vampy lip colors that seem to have taken over the market    and what sets it truly apart  is the formula . The Rouge d' Armani's are quite underrated in the beauty community but it is an absolutely flawless formula . The lipsticks are opaque without being cakey , glossy without being slippery, long wearing without being drying and the range has a quite a large shade selection . Think mac luster finish but with the  opacity of an amplified  cream finish . 




Its so modern and sophisticated on the lips right? There is a fine line between a vampy lip  and a goth inspired lip . I feel GA 609 is right in the middle of the two genres . On the lips it is quite glossy and hydrating  . I was able to wear it for four hours without reapplying and I am happy to report it did not feather or bleed into my lip lines . Jessica mentioned that she found it hard to apply evenly and I do agree with her . I found that you almost have to layer this on .So, I started it a thin layer all over my lips and gently pat the color on for a more full on even effect . 

Overall, I have never been disappointed with a Rouge d Armani purchase and 609 is no exception . The formula is exceptional and the color is so on trend for this season . So, what are you waiting for ?

Price ? $30.00
Limited edition ? No.
Where did I purchase ? GA counter 

*all items mentioned were purchased by me .

xoxo
A.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I'm so happy you like it. Plum 609 looks great on you.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Its such a perfect color for this season . It looks amazing on you as well :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Beautiful color! It also looks so rich and shiny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi belly head :)
      Isn't it ? I think the glossy finish makes it more wearable than a matte vampy lip . Will you be picking this up ?
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I can't pull off a dark lip very well... but this color is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its quite wearable isnt it ? as wearable as a vampy lip can be lol . Have a nice day hun :)

      Delete