Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Becca Best of Becca Set




I was delighted to see Becca return to Sephora stores in 2012. I have always wanted to try the brand but was hesitant  ordering products sight unseen .  The set includes the following products :

Becca resurfacing primer . Opal shimmering skin perfector , eye tint in baroque and beach tint in grapefruit .

Resurfacing Primer ( full size ) : This is a a white cream with a slight silicone feel to it and sinks in to the skin upon application . I found the primer to be quite hydrating and it helped smooth out any imperfections/pores . It kept my makeup on for 8 - 9 hours and my skin never felt dry or parched . 

Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal ( sample size ) : is a beautiful beige with gold pearl . It sheers out beautifully and provides a luminescent highlight to the skin . I love wearing this during the day because there is no disconcernable shimmer in direct sunlight . Mixing this with a foundation is another way to add luminosity to the skin  . My mom has been wearing it as a highlight as well and the Shimmering Skin Perfector  does not settle in pores or fine lines . 

Eye Tint in Baroque ( full size ) : is a water proof sheer cream shadow . Baroque is a lovely mushroom taupe with a golden sheen . The eye tint lasted 5 hours on my eye lids without primer and 8-9 hours on top of one . I find this perfect for a soft shimmery wash of color on the eyes . It makes quite a lovely eyeshadow base as well because powder shadows blend seamlessly on top of it . Upon inital application the tint feels slightly wet but dries down to soft cream finish on the eyes . 

Beach Tint in Grapefruit ( full size ) : is a waterproof multipurose product that can be used on lips and cheeks . Grapefruit in particular is a lovely peachy pink tint that dries down to a soft matte finish on my lips . I did use it as a blush and found it easy to blend on top of foundation . As far as wear is concerned , it lasted 5 hours on my cheeks and 2-3 hours on my lips . 

The Ultimate Mascara( full size )  : has a medium sized plastic wand and the color included in this kit is black . I found this to be a good day time mascara . It provides a good amount of length but not enough volume . I prefer volumizing mascaras because I have pretty long lashes naturally . I found it easy to remove and non irritating . 




Overall , I think the set is a wonderful introduction to the brand and a phenomenal deal for $ 58 . I personally loved all the items except the mascara but if you like a natural lash look then definitely give it try . I will definitely be looking into their foundation , blushes and lip tints .

Have you tried Becca ? Leave your recommendations for me below :)

Price ? $58.00
Limited Edition ? Yes.
Where did I purchase it ? Sephora ( this set is a sephora exclusive ).

*all items mentioned were purchased by me .

xoxo
A

4 comments:

  1. I just picked up this kit as well... so far, I'm absolutely loving it. BECCA is definitely one of my favorite makeup discoveries as of late :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Catherine !
      thank you for the comment
      I am super impressed with the quality of their products ,
      what is your favorite from the brand ?

      Delete
  2. what a gorgeous set... I haven't tried anything from Becca yet, but I'm tempted after this review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol MISSION ACCOMPLISHED !
      lmk if you decide to pick it up:)

      Delete