Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Maybelline ColorSensational Vivids Lipstick in Shocking Coral , Wild Rose , Hot plum and Brazen Berry .


Maybelline has released a line of Vivid ColorSensational Lipsticks . These bright shades are sure to get you in the mood for Summer ! 

As far as drugstore lipsticks are concerned I think Maybelline ColorSensational line is my favorite . Its a comfortable , opaque and a slightly glossy formula which lasts 4-5 hours on my lips . So its no surprise that  I jumped at the chance to pick up four colors from the ColorSensational Vivids line .


Shocking Coral , Wild Rose , Hot plum and Brazen Berry . 


Shocking Coral 
Shocking Coral : is a beautiful creamy pink based coral . It looks more pink on my lips but in the tube it looks like a true coral with a slight pink base . It is quite flattering on my skin tone and doesn't clash or look too pastel .




Wild Rose
Wild Rose : is a beautiful magenta color with a cream finish . I love magenta lipsticks on pale skin and dark hair and this definitely livens my face !



Hot plum
Hot Plum : is a heavily pink based purple which is also a cream finish . It immediately reminded me of Mac Gladiola which is a long discontinued and sought after shade .

Brazen Berry 
Brazen Berry : is a blue and pink based purple with a cream finish . I found it to be quite striking and beautiful on the lips . Definitely not for the faint of heart !

Overall , all of the shades I bought are opaque , cream finish and saturated . Wear time was between 4- 6 hours with minimal fading . These are definitely comfortable to  wear and did not dry out my lips . I highly recommend looking into these if you want to venture into bold lips this summer without paying high end prices .

Price ? $8.00
Limited Edition ? Yes .
Where did I purchase these ? Walgreen In-store .

*all items mentioned purchased by me .
xoxo
A.

2 comments:

  1. You're so lucky in the lip department. They're to die for. They have the fullness that I adore unlike Angelina Jolie's.

    Ok, back to the post. I love all the colors on you. Can't never go too purple. It washes me out. What is your skintone, A.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey ! Lol thank you for the compliment . I think with purple you have to wear with a warm toned bronzer and neutral pink blush . Try it and lmk if it helps :)

      I never got matched in Mac but I wear the second lightest shade in Tom ford :)

      Thanks for the comment love :)

      Delete