Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal Light and Mood Light .

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder  

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal Light and Mood Light . 


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders claim to be universally flattering , color correcting powders that will set your makeup and provide the quintessential "light from within" look  . Obviously , I had to try these out for my self and I  picked out two of their more unique color offerings . 

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal Light .
Ethereal Light is a opalescent white which adds a lovely pearly soft focus glow . You can easily build it up to create a contrasting highlight on the high points of the face or dust it all over to provide an overall luminous look .


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Mood Light . 
Mood Light is a pinky lavender which helps to liven up my skin when it is looking sallow . Like Ethereal light it can be easy build up for a more dramatic highlight or an all over glow .


I think its crucial to point out the "soft glow" these powders leave on the skin . It is almost like a opalescent sheen which can only be detected when the light hits certain parts of your face . Ambient powders also blur the look of pores and imperfections without highlighting them .The powder doesn't settle into fine lines or pores .  As far as their performance as setting powder is concerned , my makeup lasted 7-8 with minimal fading . However , I felt the "glow" lasted only 3-4 hours . 

I generally do not set my makeup with a powder because I do not like a matte finish . The Ambient powders help to increase the longevity of my foundation without mattifying my skin . I did wear a highlight powder (Dior amber diamond and TF illuminate cream ) on top of the Ambient powders and I am happy to report , I did not look a disco ball ! 

In real life my skin looked dewy and supple and there were no signs of glitter or sparkle in direct sunlight . Also , I did not notice any white case or flashback in photos. 

Overall , oily skins will love these and dry skins will learn to embrace a setting powder ! Mature skins will  find these to be an excellent option for highlighting . There are 6 color options that will be sure to compliment ,illuminate and color correct most skin tones . 

Price ? $45.00
Where did I purchase ? Sephora.com

xoxox
A.

2 comments:

  1. I bought mood and dim, and just returned mood today. It really brought out my redness to the point where it made my face look splotchy!! Definitely not the look I'm going for. Dim is nice...think I'll end up using it on no makeup days when I don't want to look shiny from moisturizer. When used over foundation, it seems slightly drying to me but on clean skin it's all good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm Interesting, I do have redness around my nose but it gets covered with foundation . That sucks dude ! My skin is super oily these days so I haven't noticed any drying but I will keep that in mind .

      I like how these tone down the shine without mattifying and still leave a soft sheen - love !

      Delete