Sunday, February 24, 2013

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Pro's Picks Lip Tar Set

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Pro's Picks Lip Tar Set

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Melange , Grandma , Pretty Boy , Stalker and  Vintage.

Yup ,  I am back with more lip products(  -_- ). I mean I don't really have an excuse except that I was in Sephora ,I saw them sitting in a corner calling my name and so I bought them ....
In all honesty, I have really wanted to try the infamous "OCC Lip Tars " and the set is quite an incredible deal   ! You get 5 colors for only $49 and the colors were just to beautiful to pass up .

The OCC Lip Tar's come housed in squeeze tubes with a tiny opening , which dispenses the tiniest amount of product . They are insanely pigmented and require the precision of a lip brush for application . Upon first application they are slightly glossy but as time passes they dry down to a slightly waxy appearance with a slight sheen . I found them to last 5-7 hours on my lips with minimal fading or transfer . Also , they did not bleed in to lip lines .


Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Melange 
Melange is a light terracotta peach .

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Grandma .
Grandma is a coral with a pink base .

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Pretty Boy.
Pretty Boy is a magenta pink .

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in  Stalker 

Stalker is a blue based true pink .

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Vintage.
Vintage is a brown based burgundy . 


I am so impressed with the pigmentation and lasting power of these . I wore Melange to work last week and I had to retouch my lips only once during a 10 hour work shift ! They are also quite comfortable to wear and did not dry my lips out . My lips have been quite dry these days but the OCC lip tars did not accentuate any dry patches .

OCC  recommends mixing these to create custom colors and layering these on top of the clear lip tar  to prevent bleeding or feathering . I mixed Pretty Boy with Stalker to create a lovely plummy pink and Grandma with Pretty Boy to create a stunning bright melon color . P.s. these lip tar name combos are hilarious (Pretty boy with stalker lol ).

Overall , if you don't mind applying your lips products with a lip brush and are in the market for opaque and pigmented lip colors then the OCC lip tars are for you . This set in particular is a great way to try out their shades for a reasonable price . 

Price ? $49.00
Limited Edition ? Yes.
Where did I purchase these ? Sephora.

xoxo
A.

2 comments:

  1. Are these in any way comparable to the YSL Glossy Stains? Or completely different?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. completely different .
      The glossy stains are build in thin layers have a glossy jelly like quality on the lips . These are like an opaque paint that you apply on the lips and then they set with a satin finish .

      Hope this helps :)
      xoxox

      Delete