Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Rouge Bunny Rouge When The Birds Are Singing -Long Lasting Eyeshadow in Bejewelled Skylark , Mysterious Tinamou and Resplendent Quetzal .

Rouge Bunny Rouge When The Birds Are Singing -Long Lasting Eyeshadow in Bejewelled Skylark , Mysterious Tinamou and Resplendent Quetzal .

Rouge Bunny Rouge When The Birds Are Singing -Long Lasting Eyeshadow in  Mysterious Tinamou, Bejewelled Skylark and Resplendent Quetzal .

Rouge Bunny Rouge is a niche Russian/UK brand and has an enormous cult following . I have tried several of their makeup/skin care products over the years and never been disappointed with their quality.

According to Rouge Bunny Rouge ,"Discover a new powder eye shadow with an astonishing lightweight, creamy touch and unprecedented adherence. This formula creates pure dynamic iridescence while it maintains second skin effect. It has extended 8-hour wear that will stay perfect and look freshly applied all day. Orange-derived Flavonoid improves blood microcirculation, enhances luminosity and serves as free radicals scavenger. 2 g / 0.07 oz." (Click here to be taken to their website to read more)

With a description like that its hard to resist , isn't it ? I finally ordered a few of their eyeshadows last summer but Bejwelled Skylark was out of stock . Fast Forward several months later it was back in stock along with several other beautiful friends . Normally  I opt for bronzey , earthy and subtle colors but I wanted to try something different . I ended up with these three beauties : Bejewelled Skylark ,Mysterious Tinamou and Resplendent Quetzal .

Rouge Bunny Rouge When The Birds Are Singing -Long Lasting Eyeshadow in  Mysterious Tinamou, Bejewelled Skylark and Resplendent Quetzal .

Bejewelled Skylark is a lovely warm brown with flashes of bronze and copper shimmer .
Mysterious Tinamou is a deep teal blue with flashes of an electric blue- green . 
Resplendent Quetzal is a fresh green with flashes of yellow and white gold . 


All three shadows were incredibly smooth and buttery to the touch . I found them to blend effortlessly with both matte and satin shades . They lasted all day on my lid with Nars  primer . The shadows come housed in adorable little cases with small mirrors . Packaging is so whimsical and fairy tale like but not in the least bit childish or cheap looking . 

I figured Mysterious Tinamou and Resplendent Quetzal paired with a forest a green (Mac Humid ) and a deep purple (lmdb Fig ) with a slight touch of a matte burgundy (Mac smoke signals pigment) would make the an EPIC peacock inspired smokey eye . Or , I could use them as liners on my lower lash lines paired with soft summery upper lid . As far Bejewelled Skylark is concerned , I cant want to pack this on my upper lid lower lid , blend it out and pair it with Arabic inspired eye liner and a crap ton of mascara (DELICIOUS ! ).
With all that being said , Rouge Bunny Rouge has decided to discontinue all three of these babies :( . So, if you want them run to rougebunnyrouge.com or zuneta.com to order these asap ! 

Overall , these are of exceptional quality and the shades are very unique to my collection . I highly recommend giving Rouge Bunny Rouge a try ! I know online shopping is a pain but trust me RBR will not disappoint you ! 

Price ? $27-35 ( based on tax and your location )
*These are now being discountined .
Where did I purchase mine ? Zuneta.

xoxo
A.


6 comments:

  1. Did you snag these during the sale??? I hauled a bunch if RBR shadows during the sale. I've never used the brand before so I'm really excited!!! I don't know if it's true or not, but someone posted on Makeup Akkey that Bejeweled Skylark isn't bring dc...RBR will sell it exclusively on their own brand site...so you might check there :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought these in november lol Oh you will love these shadows ! Which ones did you pick up ?

      It is true , they are being discontinued . RBR tweeted and confirmed it for me and Christa from periously pale posted a list of shadows being discontinued and all three are on it :(

      the web store will sell them as long as they have stock :)

      Delete
    2. Ah bummer!!! Are you going to buy backups?? Oh geez what didn't I get?!!! Lol!! I'll tweet you a pick of the names it'll be faster :-)

      Delete
  2. I so want to get Mysterious Tinamou!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isnt it beautiful ? I never wear color on the lids but this was too beautiful to pass up !

      Delete