Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Chanel Mouche de Beaute Face Illuminating Powder

Chanel Mouche de Beaute Face Illuminating Powder 

Chanel Mouche de Beaute Face Illuminating Powder 

Yup , I am a sucker ! I saw this beauty featured on a few of my favorite blogs and I caved . Yes , Chanel has been annoying me with their monthly releases but who am I kidding ..
Rose Gold highlighter ? Check !
Pretty pattern ? Check ! 
Chanel logo ? Check ! 
Insane price tag/Exclusivity ? Check !

According to Chanel.com "A sumptuous and whimsical exclusive creation featuring a motif that reproduces the decor of the Château de Versailles.This illuminating powder reveals an elegant gold shade with hints of pink highlights.The touch of light for a precious complexion."

SOLD ! 

Are these exclamations getting annoying ? Thought so, but  in all seriousness I am in love with this baby .

Chanel Mouche de Beaute Face Illuminating Powder 
Mouche de Beaute is the Maserati of the illuminating gelee powders . It is incredibly finely milled and an absolute joy to blend on top of the skin . There are small shimmer particles which add a truly beautiful multidimensional effect to the soft rose gold highlight . The gelee is incredibly pigmented and can be easily over done . Thereore, I suggest using a soft yet small brush and apply it to the high points of the face . As far as wear time is concerned , I found it lasted a good 6 hours on my skin and it faded evenly . The shimmer particles are definitely visible in day light but do not look over done .

The powder has a lovely light pink hue in the pan that is not in the least bit overbearing on the skin .I own my fair share of rose gold/pink gold highlighters but Mouche de Beaute truly stand out . Not only for the breathtaking packaging but also for the quality of the product .

Overall , I cant recommend this enough. I know it is an INSANE amount of money for a illuminator but I truly think this one is worth it .

Price ? $80 for 12g
Limited Edition ? Yes.
Where did I purchase ? Chanel.com.

xoxo
A.

4 comments:

  1. Woah, the pattern on the powder is super pretty! I would probably avoid using it as much as possible to preserve that design :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol true but I summoned the courage to use it hehe
      Will you be buying it ?

      Delete
  2. Hi! This is your stalkerazzi!!! Awesome review!!! Until I read this I had no idea it was a gelee powder!! Lolol!! What brush do you use to apply it with? Thank you for being brave enough to use & swatch!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. doh ! I knew I was missing something in my review ugh

      I used my fingers and the suqqu blush brush for a diffused look but I went all 80s today with the mac 109 and it still looked pretty

      USE IT
      USE IT
      USE IT

      Delete