Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Guerlain Coup de Foudre (502) Eye Shadow Palette .

Guerlain Coup de Foudre (502) Eye Shadow Palette .

Guerlain Coup de Foudre (502) Eye Shadow Palette .

I have contemplated this purchase for a while and trust me , I walked away from the counter a few times before I finally gave in . The color scheme is just too beautiful to pass up and I am a sucker for green eyeshadows .

Coup de Foudre is one of the two quads released for Spring and is limited edition .

Guerlain Coup de Foudre (502) Eye Shadow Palette .
 From Lto R :
Shade 1 is a beautiful bronze khaki with a frost finish (reminiscent of a camouflage green ).
Shade 2 is a stunning mint green with a gold frost .
Shade 3 is a vibrant coral with a satin finish .
Shade 4 is a gunmetal green with flashes of a peacock blue frost .


The four shades together make quite an interesting eye look and you can always use one or two of these with other shadows for a different effect. I found the mint green to be incredibly brightening on my skin tone and the coral makes a beautiful warm transition shade in the crease . The gunmetal shade has the most beautiful blue -green frost to it and paired with Rouge Bunny Rouge Mysterious Tinamou (swatched here ) makes a gorgeous jewel toned eye . As for the bronze khaki, I feel like it  would make a lovely addition to a taupe or bronze eye look .

The quality of the shadows is on  par with other palettes from the range and I found these to last 8-9 hours on top of primer . They blended out beautifully with little effort and look beautiful mixed with matte shadows and cream bases . I did notice a little fall out with these but nothing major .

Overall , the color scheme may not be everyone's cup of tea but Guerlain always makes beautiful shadows and I recommend looking into other releases from the line  That being said , if you are in the mood for some color this Spring and Summer then definitely give Coup de Foudre a try .

Price ? $59.00
Limited Edition ? Yes .

xoxo
A. 

2 comments:

  1. I keep thinking about this and it really does look lovely, greens don't tend to suit me and yet I still feel the temptation... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean , its definitely a tricky combination but its too unique to pass up too lol

      Delete