Thursday, March 7, 2013

Yves Saint Laurent 'Rouge Pur Couture Vernis a Levres' Glossy Stain in 01 Violet Edition .

Yves Saint Laurent 'Rouge Pur Couture  Vernis a Levres' Glossy Stain in 01 Violet Edition .

What can I say about the glossy stains that hasn't been said before . This gloss/stain formula changed our expectations from a long wearing lipgloss . For me , long wearing lip gloss meant : thick , goopy and opaque . The glossy stains are lightweight ,sheer , jelly like on the lips and last for 4-6 hours on my lips . The cherry on top is the beautiful stain left behind as the gloss fades .

Ysl recommends layering these to achieve the opacity you desire . During application it is important not to press the lips together . Apply one layer at a time , wait for a few seconds and then apply some more .


Yves Saint Laurent 'Rouge Pur Couture  Vernis a Levres' Glossy Stain in 01 Violet Edition .

Yves Saint Laurent 'Rouge Pur Couture  Vernis a Levres' Glossy Stain in 01 Violet Edition .

01 Violet Edition is the definition of a glossy Vampy lip . It has a beautiful pinky cranberry base with a definite violet hue . I found Violet edition to be incredibly smooth , opaque , glossy and rich on the lips . Most people feel comfortable in satin or matte finishes when it comes to statement lips but if your brave then Violet Edition is for you .


Yves Saint Laurent 'Rouge Pur Couture  Vernis a Levres' Glossy Stain in 01 Violet Edition .

Yves Saint Laurent 'Rouge Pur Couture  Vernis a Levres' Glossy Stain in 01 Violet Edition .
I used to wear gloss all the time but then  I got braces ( dont laugh... ) last year and that was the end of my love affair . Most glosses smeared all over my brackets and seeped into them . The Ysl glossy stains stay put and do not seep into my metal mouth . Also , I have very long hair and my hair does not get trapped into the gloss causing all sorts of annoyance .


Overall , the vampy lip craze has died down but fear not I am still rocking a dark lip and you can too . If 01 Violet Edition is a little too much for you then Ysl has 23 other colors for you to choose from .

xoxo
A. 

8 comments:

  1. Thats a lush rich colour, I feel like the odd one out as I bought my first glossy stain recently and really don't like it, mine went on patchy and has a really tacky feel to it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ugh that sucks :( which color did you get ?
      the lighter colors are definitely patchy but do you press your lips together when you apply ? I dont and I usually apply 3 layers for a full on effect .
      I didnt find them to be too tacky but my mom hates how they feel :(

      Delete
    2. it was the lighter spring one,Peche Cerra Cola, I have tried the pressing together but still find it patchy, I don't apply too many layers as it looks a bit orange, so not my best buy ;)
      Thank you for retweeting my Burberry post btw :) x

      Delete
    3. Oh dont press lips together , it will completely ruin the effect lol .
      Ah ! got you . I just bought that one too , now I am nervous lol

      I will get back to you with my thoughts on it but definitely try the darker shades .
      Your welcome ! Field rose is on my wishlist :)

      Delete
  2. Violet Edition looks amazing on you :) I'm a huge fan of these Glossy Stains and have actually placed an order for Violet Edition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen !
      Thank you , I found it to be incredibly beautiful . Its so rich and glossy and definitely not for the faint of heart .

      Thank you for the comment !

      Delete
  3. Wow, that is seriously one gorgeous color on you! I just don't love the smell of YSL lipsticks for some reason!!! I don't mind scented products, but this one really kills me.

    What a hot vamp lip, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya its definitely an "acquired taste " lol
      Its quite a full on vamp :)

      thank you for the comment love

      Delete