Thursday, March 14, 2013

Yves Saint Laurent 'Rouge Pur Couture Vernis a Levres' Glossy Stain in 27 Pêche Cerra-Cola .


Yves Saint Laurent 'Rouge Pur Couture  Vernis a Levres' Glossy Stain in 27 Pêche Cerra-Cola .

Yves Saint Laurent 'Rouge Pur Couture  Vernis a Levres' Glossy Stain in 27 Pêche Cerra-Cola .

Peche Cerra - Cola is a new addition to the Ysl Glossy Stain range and the color we have been waiting for ! The original line up did not include a pinky peach color and  07 ( the peach in the range ) was way too warm  for my taste . 

27 in the tube looks like a milky peachy pink but on the lips it appears  more rosy and less milky . The stain left behind is a warm pink with a slight peach tone . I was expecting Peach Cerra-Cola to be a little more on the nude side and less rosy .


Yves Saint Laurent 'Rouge Pur Couture  Vernis a Levres' Glossy Stain in 27 Pêche Cerra-Cola .
Application was challenge like other lighter colors in the range and it was difficult to get a even effect . I usually apply 3 layers but with lighter colors 2 should be sufficient . The more layers you apply the patchier the applications looks .

Overall , I absolutely adore the glossy stains but I cannot recommend this particular color because of the obvious application issues . That being said . there are plenty of other colors to choose from !

Price ? $32.00
Where did I purchase ? Sephora .

xoxo
A.

6 comments:

  1. I wish it went that colour on me, I don't get any pink at all. I might well try a darker shade as some point like you advise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My lips are a rosy color so maybe thats why :( boo this was disappointing
      Yes ! LMK when you do :)

      Delete
  2. I'd say a fingertip application would likely be smoother, given this lipcolor's texture. A brush just leaves lines and uneven layering. Instead, spot on with a fingertip in several dots, and then blend with your index finger.

    Sheer colors don't like brushwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hun !
      I tried it with my fingers today but these get sort of tacky pretty soon so it was a hot mess or maybe I suck at application :(

      thank you for the comment !

      Delete
  3. Oh wow! I LOVE how this color looks on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do ? the application sucks ugh !
      I wish it was more peachy on me :(

      Delete