Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Givenchy Le Rouge lipstick in 102 Beige Plume and 201 Rose Taffetas.

Givenchy Le Rouge lipstick in 102 Beige Plume and 201 Rose Taffetas.

Givenchy Le Rouge lipstick in 102 Beige Plume and 201 Rose Taffetas.

 Although the Givenchy line looks well edited and packaged beautifully, the colors or formulas have never impressed me. During my recent trip to Sephora for the Chic week event I was immediately drawn to their new lipsticks . Housed in leather and studded lipstick cases the Le Rouge line promises opaque color with a velvet/matte finish . I am surprised its taken this long for makeup companies to jump on the leather and studs band wagon . Studs have been huge for a while and they have finally made an entry into the makeup world . The Le Rouge lipstick bullet has a substantial weight to it and the leather feels quite luxurious to the touch . 

As far as the formula is concerned , they are opaque but feel quite light on the lips . There is a little bit of a shine when you first apply the color but that soon wears off and you are left with a beautiful velvety finish . The finish is somewhere in between Illamasqua matte lipsticks and the Armani lip maestros .

Givenchy Le Rouge lipstick in 102 Beige Plume .

102 Beige Plume is a peachy beige with slight pink undertones.

Givenchy Le Rouge lipstick in 201 Rose Taffetas.
201 Rose Taffetas is a rosy pink with coral undertones .


I was able to wear these for 5 hours without reapplying and noticed minimal fading . These arent the moisturizing  lipsticks to wear so make sure to wear lip balm underneath . Also ,I did not notice any bleeding or feathering  in to lip lines .

Overall , the Givenchy Le rouge is an excellent matte formula and the shade range is quite eye catching . There are quite a few bright shades in the range and they are just in time for summer !

Price ?$36

xoxo
A,

9 comments:

  1. Ah! Rose Taffetas looks gorgeous on you and so brightening. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am kinda obsessed with it ! not my usual color of death look hahha

      Delete
  2. I have been eyeing on few Givenchy products but I don't know why I always leave the counter empty handed. The lipstick case looks beautiful and luxurious, and I certainly can see that it is moisturizing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes these are quite lovely ! Givenchy never impresses me either but I love these

      Delete
  3. boo for not moisturizing lol. it prob would not work for me hahaha. But i love rose taffetas - that is probably the shade i would be drawn to buy! But i think i'm going to skip it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true but these are matte so :P
      check it out tho , u might like it :)

      Delete
  4. FIVE hours w/o reapplying???? Wow wow!!! I'm with BB...boo for not moisturizing ha ha :-) will you be getting any other colors??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I know ! loved the wear time but matte lips are so drying boo
      I might get a bright shade for summer or a red hehe

      Delete