Saturday, May 18, 2013

Guerlain 'Terracotta' Makeup Palette for Face & Eyes

Guerlain 'Terracotta' Makeup Palette for Face & Eyes

Guerlain 'Terracotta' Makeup Palette for Face & Eyes
      



I spotted this palette on one of my many late night visits to the Nordstorm website . I haven't read anything about this palette and it looked like such a good deal so I decided to give it a try . When I received my package and saw the palette , it immediately reminded me of the exclusive travel palettes Guerlain has for sale at Duty free stores .

Guerlain 'Terracotta' Makeup Palette for Face & Eyes

Guerlain 'Terracotta' Makeup Palette for Face & Eyes

Guerlain 'Terracotta' Makeup Palette for Face & Eyes ; Dark bronzer  strip and Light strip . 
Guerlain 'Terracotta' Makeup Palette for Face & Eyes

The top consists of a light honey toned bronzer with a more caramel strip at the bottom . While the second compartment contains an eyeshadow quad . They quad consists of a translucent yellow gold with shimmer (acts more like a glitter top coat ) , mossy green with gold frost , a light grey taupe with a satin finish and a complex plum brown with a gold frost . 

I have been wearing this palette non stop for the past week . The subtle bronze along with these refined sultry shadows makes a perfect everyday look that can be worn day and night . The bronzer is on the sheer side so its nearly impossible to overdo it and the color is just perfcect for adding some color to the cheeks . I can see it working perfectly for lighter skin tones but it may be too light for medium to darker skin tones . Wear time was 5-6 hours .

The quad is an unusual mix of a cool taupe with warm greens and golds but together they make quite a beautiful eye look . I have wearing the taupe on the lid with the brown as a crease color and adding the gold as a inner corner highlight . The green makes an incredible pop of color on the lower lash line and adds a slight hint of color to the eye look . Wear time was 8-9 hours with primer . 

Overall , I can see my self taking this with me on overnight trips and using it on days when I am running late and I need a quick yet foolproof look . The shadows are of lovely quality and the bronzer is sheer perfection . 

Price ? $62.00

xoxo
A.


7 comments:

  1. Yaay you got it! Thanks for the swatches. I've been going back and forth on this. I love Guerlain--specifically their bronzers. it's my fave go-to brand for high-end bronzer. The fact that this one is such a good deal and all the shades are so gorgeous makes this incredibly tempting! I wasn't supposed to buy anything else until the Terra Nerolia bronzer comes out but I don't know if I can resist this one! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I told myself I dont need another bronzer after the armani summer palette but here we are hahs
      I am so glad this was helpful :)
      buy it buy it :P

      Delete
  2. Since I love their lip and eye palette from Holiday collection, I would seriously consider this one but unfortunately it seems like a US exclusive. I just purchased Terra Ora and two of the metallic eye shadows, but I haven't seen this palette...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know bummer ;( I hate it when they make things exclusive to only certain countries
      i want to see your review on terra ora , I am still not sure if I NEED it lol
      Those metaalic shadows look AMAZING too !

      Delete
  3. i love guerlain yayyy. this looks pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is ! check it out if your near nordies :)
    hugss

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am, and I totally should have looked yesterday. hahah. oh well!

    ReplyDelete