Saturday, June 29, 2013

Ellis Faas Concealer in S201 and By Terry Touche Veloutée in 1 Porcelain.

Ellis Faas Concealer in S201 and By Terry Touche Veloutée in 1 Porcelain.
Summer : Sunshine , the beach , Sun Bathing  , Bikini season ,Tanning and SWEATING ! Pretty much everything I loathe put together  . To add to my misery , I live in Texas and everything I put on my face melts away in 30 mins or else . Which has forced me to dig through my makeup and try to  find long wearing products that last all day but also don't give me a mask like matte face .

Today , I will be showing you two concealers that I use to cover my under eye circles .

My Under-eye concerns : I have light greyish shadows under eyes which become more severe when I am under stress . 

Concealer Preference : I like a medium to buildable concealer under my eyes with the slightest hint of luminosity  . Most importantly , the concealer should not crease , look cakey or settle into line as it wears through out the day . 

I was able to find two amazing concealers that not only meet all my requirements but also passed the Texas heat resistance test (aka did not melt off my face )  ! 




Ellis Faas Concealer in S201 and By Terry Touche Veloutée in 1 Porcelain.
Ellis Faas Concealer in S201 and By Terry Touche Veloutée in 1 Porcelain.

Ellis Faas Concealer in S201: is a yellow toned ivory concealer with medium to buildable coverage . It is one shade lighter than my skin so it adds a slightly brightening effect under my eyes with out giving me the reverse raccoon eye . The product has a slight powdery feel to it when you touch it but once it is blended out , it looks like a true cream with a hint of luminosity . My under eyes do not look shiny or wet ; they look fresh and luminous . 

The concealer blends in with little effort and does not sink into fine lines . It lasted 7 hours on my skin and did not crease or look patchy as it wore through out the day . I was able to retouch my under eyes with the same concealer without making my under eyes look cakey . 

The only con to this concealer is the packaging . It is impossible to judge how many clicks it takes to twist up the perfect amount of product . I always end up with too much  :(



By Terry Touche Veloutée in 1 Porcelain : is a neutral toned ivory concealer with medium to buildable coverage . This concealer is a true satin finish and like the EF is a shade lighter than my skin .  The product is very creamy and blends in effortlessly under my eyes . I did not notice any settling into fines lines and it looked incredibly natural under my eyes . The wear time was between 8- 9 hours on me without any touch ups or creasing . I was able to touch up my under eyes without making them look cakey or chalky .
The packaging is absolutely amazing ! With one click , you get the perfect amount of product to use on both sides of your face . 

The only con to this concealer is the color range . They have only 4 colors which will cover light to medium skins only .

Ellis Faas Concealer in S201 and By Terry Touche Veloutée in 1 Porcelain.

If you look closely at the blended swatches of both concealers , you can easily spot the slight luminosity of the EF . The BT is definitely more satin compared to the EF .

When I wear EF under my eyes , it definitely looks like a very concealed and polished look . While with the BT I look like I have had 8 hours of sleep and I am wearing  a little bit of concealer to complete my look . Neither of them look fake or over the top IMO . 

I should add that I always wear eye cream and sunscreen on my eye lids and under my eyes and the application of these concealers is not effected by it .

Product size comparison: 

By Terry - .22oz for $58.00
Ellis Faas - .08 oz for $40.00


Overall , I am so happy to have found these two and I highly recommend them ! If you want a slightly dewier look and are prepared to deal with the packaging then try the EF . If you like a more satin finish and have light/medium skintone then the BT is for you . 

p.s. If you are greedy like me then you can own both lol

xoxo
A.

10 comments:

  1. Ooh! I love the EF one. I'm in my third! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude compared to the BT , there is barely any product in the EF :( ugh
    love both of them tho

    ReplyDelete
  3. convenientbeautyJune 30, 2013 at 7:27 PM

    They both look so creamy! Do they crease if you don't set with powder?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never powder my under eye concealer so these will be fine without it
    the BT would be better for u if concealers crease on you
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. convenientbeautyJuly 3, 2013 at 5:31 PM

    Sounds unreal! Yes, I need to set concealer all the time :(. Only tiny amount will do the job for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. try this one out or the armani precision touch as well
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The person who invents a mechanism to control the amount dispensed from these brush type products will be a gazillionaire and a total genius!!! LOL!!! I've had the EF in and out of my Sephora cart...maybe I need to finally pull the trigger...

    ReplyDelete
  8. dude the BT one is amazing . one click and you get enough product for both eyes . LOVE !
    yes you should try the EF its a lovely formula :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. which would you try first?

    ReplyDelete
  10. if ur under eyes are normal then BT .. if dry then EF :)

    ReplyDelete