Monday, June 10, 2013

Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in 01 Highlighter.

Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in 01 Highlighter.


I do not need another highlighter and you don't either but none of us can deny that we are always looking for more ... maybe that is just me .. but hey ! I bought this for us ... for us to decide if we need this or not , right ? RIGHT !

Laura Mercier  never fails to lure me in with new products or new caviar sticks :P . IMO most of her products have good quality and are decently priced. She usually releases a few new products or new additions to existing lines every now and then. This Summer she not only introduced new products , released a seasonal collection but also added new shades to her line . I was so excited to see new caviar sticks and the highlighter fiend in me was ECSTATIC to see new highlighters ! 

Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in 01 Highlighter.

The Baked Radiance Powder line has two highlighters and 3 bronzer shades. I picked up the lightest highlighter shade to add to my ever growing highlighter collection . 

01 Highlighter looks like a white powder in the pan but on the skin it is a soft champagne . Now, this is not the Stila Kitten kind of champagne : this is more of a Kevin Aucoin Celestial powder, champagne . The powder is very soft and almost creamy to the touch and incredibly pigmented  . I found the highlighter to be quite loosely packed ,which can lead to a lot of fall out but that can be easily avoided if you use a light hand . 

I love how the powder melts in to my skin and just add a delicate radiance to the face without looking frosty or shimmery . I did not notice any shimmer or glitter in direct sunlight and wear time was between 6- 7 hours on top of liquid and powder foundation . 

Overall , if you have been dying to try the Kevin Aucoin Celestial powder or you have been looking for a highlighter that does not accentuate uneven skin texture then you NEED the Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in 01 Highlighter. IMO skip the Estee Lauder powder gelée and try this baby out instead ! 

Price ?$36.00

xoxo 
A.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the review. This looks like a stunning highlighter for light skin tones. Might be a bit too light for me. Are there also other tones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you are saying I NEED this???? I've been going back and forth since I love KA so much!! But I love the sound of a creamy powder!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. IThis is so light and finely milled and wont give you a harsh/stark look .
    they do have more beige shade . I think its 02 :)
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes ! try it in store ! its like a cream
    love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. We get lured in by Laura Mercier as well! Fun article, we would love for you to share more of your posts on http://bellashoot.com/ Our users would love to read your content. You can also link all your articles back to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yaya ! that makes me so happy
    I have been playing with the lighting and camera setting too
    I am so glad you like it




    Oh you must try the kevin aucoin one then . Its an absolute must have !
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. This baby is really really pretty! I swatched her in the store and loved the color. However, I prefer more subtle sheen and this has more shimmer than I want. A skip but still a big like! BTW, your swatches have been phenomenal lately Lipstick!!!

    ReplyDelete