Saturday, July 6, 2013

Kevyn Aucoin Beauty 'The Eyeshadow' Duo in 204 .

Kevyn Aucoin Beauty 'The Eyeshadow' Duo in 204 . 

Kevyn Aucoin Beauty 'The Eyeshadow' Duo in 204 . 
Kevyn Aucoin Beauty  is known of their base products and contour powder but the color products are just as spectacular . I have had my eyes on the eyeshadow duos for a while and during the beauty.com sale I decided to order one on a whim .

The duo's come housed in tiny red/maroon compact with a small mirror . The compact is very light and comes with a little protective pouch .


Kevyn Aucoin Beauty 'The Eyeshadow' Duo in 204 . 

Kevyn Aucoin Beauty 'The Eyeshadow' Duo in 204 . 
204 is described as a "gold/auburn shimmer " but the colors are more of a metallic grey taupe and a metallic red brown with auburn shimmer . At least they got the "auburn shimmer " part right lol . The colors look incredibly multidimensional but dupeable in the pan .



Kevyn Aucoin Beauty 'The Eyeshadow' Duo in 204 . 

Kevyn Aucoin Beauty 'The Eyeshadow' Duo in 204 . 

I gasped when I swatched this duo ! The shadow is so soft and insanely pigmented .. I was blown away !
They have the softness and blendability of Rouge bunny rouge and the pigmentation of Inglot and RBR . I mean look at that brown .. I am in love !! 

The wear time was on par with other high end brands and they blended seamlessly with matte and shimmer shades . I have been wearing the taupe on the lid with the brown in the crease and a matte burgundy in the outer V. 

This is definitely one of those reviews where I feel hope the pictures are able to convey what words cannot . I cannot imagine a more perfect shadow formula and I am definitely going to need more of these . 

Overall , I highly reccomend this particular duo and I hope the rest of the line is just as spectacular . 

xoxox

A.

12 comments:

  1. That packaging looks pretty fab!!! Plus I think it's fantastic that there's no wasted space w/ some silly applicators that will never get used!! These colors look super rich and luxe and just....oooooh so so beautiful!!! I'll be by a KA counter in the coming week so I'll have to check these out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right ! I hate sponge tips ughhhhhhhhhhh
    Yes they are sooooooo creamy and smooth and just DELICIOUS !
    check these out and report back lover !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will muffin bun!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. yaya ! i cant wait sugar cookie lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. These do have a lovely formula, I keep meaning to pick some more up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw your review on one of them too . Isnt the formula amazing ?
    so underrated
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great duo, very nice colours!

    Jade xx

    www.fairytalekiss.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joyce (bronzer bunny)July 14, 2013 at 2:56 PM

    wait wait is it better than burberry? lol anywho i got an eye palette in a kit for my birthday a month ago or so. i like it so far! i kinda want the kevyn aucoin kit that nordstrom has for anniversary sale!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yup it is ! this Rouge bunny rouge category lover !
    hehe
    I need to check this set out now lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. convenientbeautyJuly 28, 2013 at 4:53 PM

    Glamorous duo!! I don't know if I can pull off this type of color but I need to check out this line. I've planed a trip to Nordies like forever. Love the swatches!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just walked by the KA counter too and stopped in my tracks
    Our nordies set up is so blah .. they need to put KA in the front
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete