Thursday, August 8, 2013

Dolce & Gabbana Smooth Eye Colour Quad in Cocoa .

 Dolce & Gabbana Smooth Eye Colour Quad in Cocoa .

I have been making my way through the Dolce and Gabanna makeup line slowly but surely and so far , I have been quite impressed with the range . A few months ago I reviewed the quad in 123 Desert  and it has become one of my staple items . I love pairing that quad with bronzey and more metallic shades . 

Since most of the Summer collections failed to impress me this year , I decided to visit the D&G counter in search of a warm palette  and D&G Cocoa is exactly what I have been looking for !


 Dolce & Gabbana Smooth Eye Colour Quad in Cocoa .

 Dolce & Gabbana Smooth Eye Colour Quad in Cocoa .
The quad consists of two matte and 2 metallic shades . 

Shade 1 - Matte cream shade , very smooth and pigmented . 
Shade 2 - A peachy orange matte , very smooth and pigmented .
Shade 3 - A metallic bronze , smooth and pigmented . 
Shade 4 - A metallic plummy bronze , smooth and pigmented . 

There is a noticeable difference between the texture of the matte and metallic shades . The metallic shades are slightly harder to the touch but the pigmentation is on par with the matte shades . 

I absolutely love the way theses colors look on my eyes and I can see them looking amazing on lighter eye colors as well . Darker skin tones will also find these colors combination to be incredibly flattering . The metallic shadows are multidimensional and reflective but in a very sophisticated way . They are not frosty and will not exaggerate fine lines on the eye lids . 

It is important to note that D&G quads are very hit or miss so it is imperative to check these out in store . The quality of the quads is not consistent  and I found most of the shadow palettes to be an a mishmash of oddly paired shades . 

The wear time was between 8- 9 hours with a primer and the shadows were a dream to blend . 

Overall , I really love the look of Cocoa and I definitely recommend checking it out . Definitely check the line out in stores before you make a purchase . Quality wise Desert and Cocoa come highly recommended by me  ;D 

xoxo
A.

6 comments:

  1. These look like the kind of shades that would look lovely on anyone, pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I really wonder this matte orange and how it coordinates with rest of the shades. I love the quality of D&G quads, again they are not available in Germany so I am going to pick them up during my visit to Italy this September *starts writing a huge wish list* thanks so much for the great review :-**

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo girl ! you need to get with me before u leave ! i have alot of d&g and definitely recommend a few items lol
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i KNOW right ? its very versatile ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quad remind me of Dior Beige Massai although the colors aren't exactly the same. Right up my alley but I have to agree with you on the inconsistency of DG quads. So far, I haven't had much luck. Looks like I need a trip to Saks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ugh I missed out on beige massai :(
    but ur right these are so close ! lmk if u do pick it up ;D

    ReplyDelete