Monday, October 21, 2013

Giorgio Armani 'Maestro Fusion' Compact Foundation SPF 29 in Shade 2 .

Giorgio Armani 'Maestro Fusion' Compact Foundation SPF 25 in Shade 2 .

Giorgio Armani 'Maestro Fusion' Compact Foundation SPF 25 in Shade 2 .

Giorgio Armani 'Maestro Fusion' Compact Foundation SPF 25 in Shade 2 .


Giorgio Armani recently released the compact version of their Maestro foundation . If you have read my review of the liquid version ( Click ) then you are aware that I was not a fan . The foundation was a nightmare on dry skin and was FULL of silicones .However, I was quite intrigued by the compact version ; mainly because I love the feel and look of cream foundations on dry skin . This looked like exactly what I needed this fall .... umm ... ya ....

According to the armanibeauty.com , "Giorgio Armani Beauty introduces a new expression of Maestro Haute Couture foundation. Its revolutionary texture is now available in a compact. This multi-purpose product conceals like a foundation, offers precision touch-ups and camouflages blemishes. The compact cream is enriched with Argan oil ."

Giorgio Armani 'Maestro Fusion' Compact Foundation SPF 25 in Shade 2 .
If you cant tell from the horrific swatch above then this is probably one of the worst foundations I have ever tried . I am in my mid twenties and this made me look like I had the skin of a 80 year old ! Now, the foundation claims to be for touch ups but with this type of grainy and dry texture , I cannot imagine using it for that purpose . I tried this on over a thick moisturizer , different sunscreens , with the brush provided , a beauty blender and the Real techniques buffing brush . The result was pretty much the same . 

The icing on the cake was the wear time . This lasted 4 hours on my skin and left my skin feeling very dehydrated . It also transferred like crazy which left me looking a patchy hot mess by the end of the day .

Overall , I think the swatch speaks for itself ..... I just cant with this product  .... 

Price ? $64.00 
xoxo
A.

21 comments:

  1. I'm shocked!! I got this at the beginning of the month and it's already become one of my holy grails!! I'm wondering why barely anyone else has even reviewed it yet. I think this foundation is absolutely WEIGHTLESS, the coverage is great, and it can't be detected on my skin at all. It's a completely natural finish. I love it and have even already ordered a second lighter shade for when my summer tan starts to fade more heading into winter. Maybe you need to try a primer ( or different primer)?? For reference, i have been using with many primers (Tarte brightening, Hourglass mineral veil, Benefit Porefessional) and they all work great. I apply with the Tom Ford cream foundation brush, and I have oily skin. I seriously LOVE this foundation and am wearing it now! The only cons I would give are wear time isnt as long as other foundations (but not horrible), and it can get a little oily, but then again, I have oily skin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. TracyBeautyReflectionsOctober 22, 2013 at 4:33 PM

    Been wondering about this one as the liquid version SUCKED on me too. Guess it's just as bad! YOu know what I do? I use the Maestro Concealer mixed with moisturizer all over my face as a TM and it's AWESOME. I have dry skin with patches like you, but that combo works great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah ! that sounds like a lovely idea . Ya , I should have figured the maestro range isnt going to work for us dry skinned folks :(
    Oh btw the nars radiant compact is INFINITELY better :)
    xxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya I have normal to dry skin in the winter months and it just really didnt work for me . I am glad you like it so much ... maybe the drier texture works better for oilier skins ? In any case , I am glad you found a HG
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya i have tried them all and while I like Luminous skin and Lasting skin , I wasnt wowed by them . Nothing earth shattering IMO


    Yup dry skinned folks need to stay away from this monstrosity hehe
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. TracyBeautyReflectionsOctober 22, 2013 at 5:06 PM

    It's too bad really. I'd love for it to work!
    And I'm glad you love it too! That stuff is AMAZING for dry skin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOLY DOODLES! That swatch looks terrible. I get dehydrated patches plus oily tzone, and the regular Maestro did nothing for me except cling to the dry bits. blehhh. I guess I'm definitely not trying the compact version either. :((

    ReplyDelete
  8. run belly run ! this was so disappointing ... i went to work with this on *facepalm*

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUCK! i can't believe that. Darn, i was hoping this would be good

    ReplyDelete
  10. don't worry, i won't lol. i hope you can return it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi LB- I just received my maestro compact and I love it- lol!!! This shade looks weird on you- sorry it did not work on your skin - foundation is definitely a trial and error process!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey hun !! Its a match on my face ( my arms are like 3 shades darker :(
    It definitely is , Its good for oily skin but A no go on dry skin
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Banish it to the outer realms !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. it has been returned a cle de peau lipsitck has been bought to compensate for emotional distress you know ? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  15. What. A. Bummer!!!! Thanks for taking one for the team LOL :-) what's next on the foundation list to try?

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh no, that sounds terrible! I have been wondering about this one so you have made me cross this off my list.

    I've tried a lot of the Armani foundations over the years and have never really found one that I loved.

    ReplyDelete
  17. by terry densiliss !! and its a beauty !

    ReplyDelete